Where to watch the films of the 15th Kazan Muslim Film Festival?
16 April 2019News
The capital of the Republic of Tatarstan hosts the 15th Kazan Muslim Film Festival, which will screen dozens of films from the various regions of the world within its competition, out-of-competition and parallel programmes. Moreover, the programme of the festival has several creative meetings with prominent film makers, actors and actresses as well as its outstanding opening and closing ceremonies and business, educational and promotional side-events.
The following special information pack prepared by the Press Service of the festival is aimed to provide an overview of what and where to watch during the jubilee edition of the Kazan Muslim Film Festival.
1. Almaz Cinema Port (Riviera Entertainment Centre, 1B Amirkhana Street) will host:
- screenings of the films included to the competition and out-of-competition programmes;
- special screenings;
- retrospective screenings of the films by Eldar Ryazanov and Stanislav Govorukhin;
- creative meetings.
The screenings run daily from 12:00 to 23:00. The detailed programme of screenings will be published at the official website of the festival: kazan-mfmk.com.
The festival administration office and its Press Centre will be located nearby in the Riviera Hotel (the 2nd floor).
2. Mir Cinema (30 Dostoevsky Street) will screen:
- the films included to the parallel program (Tunisian, Serbian and Korean Cinema Days);
- the best films of the graduates of the Gerasimov Institute of Cinematography (VGIK) dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Institute;
- the films included to the Cinema World of Childhood programme (on 27 of April).
The Mir Cinema will also host several creative meetings. The films will be screened daily from 10:00 to 21:00. The detailed programme of screenings will be published at the official website of the festival: kazan-mfmk.com.
Please note that there is no entries fee for the film screenings and creative meetings of the Kazan Muslim Film Festival.
3. Kazan-Expo International Exhibition Center (1 Exhibition Street, Bolshiye Kabany Village, Laishevsky District)
For the first time, the Kazan-Expo International Exhibition Center will host the business events of the Kazan Muslim Film Festival-2019, namely, the 2nd Forum of the Directors of International Film Festivals and ‘Film Industry and Education: International Perspective’ round table session on April 25. The round table session will bring together the representatives of the universities, who offer educational programmes in the field of film and television industries from different countries. The final presentations of the International Film Pitching will be also held in Kazan-Expo.
4. Manege Exhibition Hall (the Kazan Kremlin)
Manezh will also host the business events of the Kazan Muslim Film Festival, including the events of the 2nd Forum of the Directors of International Film Festivals on April 26. The special exhibition dedicated to the history and the present days of the cinematography of Tatarstan as well as to the history of the Kazan Muslim Film Festival will be held here from 24 to 30 April. The list of exhibited items includes the works by students of the Kazan State Institute of Culture, which also celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2019. The films of the 15th edition of the festival will be also screened in Manege accompanied by creative meetings.
5. Kazan State Institute of Culture (3 Orenburgsky Tract)
The Institute will host the educational programme of the festival, which include lectures on filmmaking, animation, production and film education delivered by top Russian and international filmmakers.
6. Zalesny Cultural Centre (8 Osinovsky Lane)
This year, the films of the Kazan Muslim Film Festival will be screened not only in the city centre, but also in its remote suburb in Zalesny Cultural Centre (a detailed schedule will be posted at the official website kazan-mfmk.com)
7. Kamal Tatar State Theatre
Kamal Tatar State Theatre will host the opening ceremony of the festival on April, 24 (18-00).
8. Hermitage Concert Hall (1B Amirkhana Street)
The closing ceremony of the 15th Kazan Muslim Film Festival will be held in Hermitage Concert Hall on April, 30 (18-00).