A Film Director from Tatarstan Won Kazan Muslim Film Festival Pitching
25 April 2019News
Today, Amir Galiaskarov won the 1st International Pitching at the Kazan Muslim Film Festival. He presented to the expert commission a script of the full-length feature film ‘Safa and Sajid’ based on Mahmut Galyau’s stories ‘Mukhadzhirs’ and ‘Mud’.
Amir Galiaskarov was awarded a certificate in the amount of 500 thousand rubles as a funding support for the implementation of his film project. According to the regulations of the international pitching, the film should be produced in Tatarstan or co-produced with the participation of the region.
At the same time, the representatives of partnering international film festivals also expressed their desire to support a number of other scenarios presented by the participants of the international pitching.
The 1st International Pitching of the Kazan Muslim Film Festival was held at the Kazan Expo International Exhibition Center. The competition was organized by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Tatarstan, Tatarkino, Tatarstan Investment Development Agency and the Russian Union of Cinematographers.The shortlist of the pitching included the following projects:
1. Lonely Pine by Damira Tilepbergenova (Kyrgyzstan)
2. Generation Z by Aidar Gabdrakhamnov (Russia, Republic of Tatarstan)
3. Safa and Sajid by Amir Galiaskarov (Russia, Republic of Tatarstan)
4. Let's pray by Mansur Gilyazov (Russia, Republic of Tatarstan)
5. Almachuar by Ilshat Rakhimov (Russia, Republic of Tatarstan)
6. Ochpochmak Day by Salavat Yuzeev (Russia, Republic of Tatarstan)
7. Sunset & Sunrise by Omar Gamal (Egypt)
8. Hori by Arun de Zhoshi (Nepal)